Wow.. almost a month ago since my last post! I've been spending some time with my gf, working on a project, and on Armada. We've setup the forums at forum.bloomsix.com so feel free to register :D

I just read about symmetricds.org, and it seems like it does what I want. Basically I have 2 workstations (1 desktop, 1 laptop), and a server (for production and development). Now, maintaining those databases are a pain in the ass IMHO, and I was looking for replication for data and schemas for mysql and postgresql. The problem is, there isn't a good solution yet for this.. I found something for pgsql, but that was linux only, and my workstations are winxp. I hate cygwin, and I hate compiling :)

Tomorrow I'll try to setup replication, and if all goes well, I'll have a cool development database that I can use accross my machines and even without network connection!

Share this:

0 reacties: